Know Thine Enemy

I know it's politically incorrect to generalize about a group of people. A small percentage of Mexicans enter this country illegally, and all Mexican-Americans feel the brunt of criticism. Similarly, when I was in college, if you were white and had a shaved head, you were probably a racist in most people's eyes even though I'd bet that "skinheads" were the minority of bald white men.

At what point is something a problem? Recent census information shows about 41 million Hispanics in the US. With somewhere between 6 and 10 million illegal Hispanics in the country, that represents about 15% to 25% of Hispanics being here illegally (with the understanding that the percentage could be lower, as I have no numbers on how well the illegal aliens were counted in the census numbers, and therefore may add to the 41 million, instead of being a part of it.)

If I were Hispanic (which I am) and I knew that some double-digit percentage of "my bros" were illegals, that would piss me off. They are making me look bad.

But this isn't about that.

If I were a Muslim (which I'm not, though there is rumored to be an Arabian up my family tree somewhere) I'd take note of this study which shows that 26% of young-adult *American* Muslims believe that suicide-bombings of non-Muslim civilians are justified. Read the article, there is some interesting information about the wordsmithing around the study.

Now, I hate to tell my Mexican brothers and sisters this, but the biases against us are justified, and until we "take care of our own", problems and bad reputations will continue to plague us.

As for the Muslims of this world (who, by and large, scored higher percentages than the American Muslims), I don't want to hear about your "religion of peace" until you perform your own little "cleansing".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capsaicin Intolerance

STFU - A Guide For People Who Talk Too Much

Capsaicin Headaches - A Cure?