Shave the Cheerleader, Shave the World!


Sorry, bad Heroes pun. I'm a huge Heroes fan.

I will forego any other potential puns (and there are quite a few!) regarding Britney and her chrome dome. Suffice it to say that I have an opinion, and it is related to neither God nor security (though I'm sure God loves her).

She's an attention whore.

Of course, anyone who wishes to succeed in front of a camera or mike would do well to be an attention whore, but Britney is special.

Things I wonder:
-Did she fear that Anna Nicole Smith was hogging her limelight?
-Did she think she had the potential to look good this way?
-How many girls (I use the term "girls" advisedly) will see the sheer volume of attention this generated, and even the sympathy and concern, and will duplicate the feat?
-How long before other Hollyweirdos condemn the media for talking about how "ugly" Britney is with no sensitivity to cancer patients? I'll bet we see a few of them shave their heads, not in support of Britney, but in support of a real, non-self-centered cause.

Maybe I'm an optimist in hoping stars turn their eyes from themselves. I wouldn't mind seeing a few shaved heads in support of something, rather than a cry for help.

Of course, in Hollywood, if a star shaves her head she can still have the best of both worlds. "Look at me...I mean what I did to show support for cancer!"

I'm not saying this is a bad thing. Unless, of course, Lacey Chabert does it. Then it's bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capsaicin Intolerance

STFU - A Guide For People Who Talk Too Much

Capsaicin Headaches - A Cure?